Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm Slipping

Share it Please
I have been so good to keep everyone updated since I started my blog, but I find myself slipping. Maybe it because I no longer have a life that would interest anyone else. Since my daughter is playing softball and my son is playing baseball I find myself sitting at a ballpark almost every night of the week. My husband keeps complaining because I haven't even been able to find time to go to the grocery store which means that I have nothing to cook for supper which equals a grumpy family. Last week, for example, was a Monday night game, Tuesday night practice, Wednesday night meeting with insurance agent, Thursday night game, Friday night family and friends cookout, and Saturday we had three games and were at ballparks from 8:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. I don't know how people with more kids do it. After the chaos of last week I decided that I was going to have to get more disciplined with groceries and housework or I was going to turn into a mad woman.

I was so proud of myself this week. On Monday, I left work at 3:00, went to a Dr.'s visit, ran to the grocery store, cooked supper, got both kids out the door for Tanner's practice (on the other side of town) at 5:00 where Taylor ate her dinner, and to Taylor's game in Jacksonville at 7:00 where the rest of us at dinner. I felt as though all of that deserved a little pat on the back. Everyone was like "Girl you have got it all figured out!" but they didn't see the giant pile of laundry that could eat a small child, or all of the crap that has found it's way to the outside of my house in the last week. I was quick to tell them "No, it was just a good day where everything worked out."

So, if you find yourself thinking, "What has happened to Amanda and Jonathan?", don't worry! We are just sitting at a ballpark somewhere cheering on one of our children. It's a crazy life but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Money Saving Mom

MoneySavingMom.com

Follow The Author