Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Poor LuLu

Share it Please
My morning last Thursday seemed like a normal day, until I backed out of the driveway and right over my sweet puppy LuLu. She yelped and yelped. Dixie, her mother, was running around like crazy trying to figure out how to fix it and I was crying. It seemed as if the only thing bothering her was her back leg. Jonathan told me to go on to work and he would take care of her. While I was on my way to work he called and told me that we was going to take her on the vet because she was starting to bleed out of her ears. He was just kidding, she was doing fine but this is the kind of sympathy that I live with on a daily basis. He did call the vets office and they said to watch her over night unless she seemed to be having any other problems. Friday morning I got up and took her to the vets office. The vet said that it was a broken femur. They kept her to run an x-ray and depending on the findings they would either put a splint on it of do surgery. Late Friday afternoon they called and said that they were going to have to do surgery. The bone had been broken lengthwise. They did the surgery on Monday afternoon and it was worse than they thought when they got inside. The surgery took 3&1/2 hours. They put pins in her bone to hold it together and stitched her up. We went and picked her up yesterday afternoon. She is doing great, but has to stay in her crate for 4 weeks. This poor dog will be spoiled for sure now! Anytime I look in those big brown eyes I feel so bad. Here are some pictures that Taylor took this morning. Her poor little leg looks like a chicken quarter.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Money Saving Mom

MoneySavingMom.com

Follow The Author